How Much Federal Income Tax Should Be Withheld?
IRS Withholding Calculator
If you are an employee, the Withholding Calculator can help you determine whether you need to give your employer a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate to avoid having too much or too little Federal income tax withheld from your pay.
Who Can Benefit From The Withholding Calculator?
- Employees who would like to change their withholding to reduce their tax refund or their balance due;
- Employees whose situations are only approximated by the worksheets on the paper W-4 (e.g., anyone with concurrent jobs, or couples in which both are employed; those entitled to file as Head of Household; and those with several children eligible for the Child Tax Credit);
- Employees with non-wage income in excess of their adjustments and deductions, who would prefer to have tax on that income withheld from their paychecks rather than make periodic separate payments through the estimated tax procedures.
Tips For Using This Program
- Have your most recent pay stubs handy.
- Have your most recent income tax return handy.
- Estimate values if necessary, remembering that the results can only be as accurate as the input you provide.
Searching for a Consultant or tax Professional?
Request an Estimate
With over 20 years of experience you can count on the team at A-Plus Tax & Business Consulting.